In a fantastic example of intra-ESADE academic collaboration, I have just completed a trilogy of papers on the uber critical theme of bank capital regulation. Together with Vasiliki Kosmidou (who just graduated from the MSc in Finance program), we conducted in-depth empirical analysis of the types of regulatory capital requirements (Basel Committtee) that large international banks were facing on their trading activities before, during, and after the 2007-2008 crisis. Bluntly stated, these banks were running vast trading positions with essentially no capital (i.e. it was essentially all being financed via debt, and very short-term debt at that).
No wonder then that these institutions collapsed at once and very fast. If you have no capital and your assets sink just a bit, you are insolvent. Given how toxic many of those trading assets were, it is easy to appreciate how exposed the system was.
You can find the papers at http://www.esade.edu/ftmba/eng/academics/finance-lab/publications
- Cheap Jerseys – Wholesale NFL jerseys free 0JS655 – Wholesale Jerseys From China
- Cheap Jerseys – Cheap jerseys free 0FT018 – Wholesale Jerseys From China
- Cheap Jerseys – Cheap jerseys from China free 3OV037 – Wholesale Jerseys From China
- Cheap Jerseys – NFL jerseys china free shipping 7FU48 – Wholesale Jerseys From China
- Cheap Jerseys – NHL jerseys free shipping 8GM56 – Wholesale Jerseys From China
Tagscheap fake oakley sunglasses Cheap jerseys Cheap jerseys from China cheap oakleys cheap wholesale oakleys fake cheap oakleys fake cheap oakley sunglasses fake oakleys fake oakleys cheap fake oakley sunglasses cheap NFL jerseys china NHL jerseys wholesale cheap oakleys wholesale cheap oakley sunglasses Wholesale NBA jerseys Wholesale NFL jerseys